September 8, 2011

FASHION'S NIGHT OUT

    About a year ago, I blogged about Fashion's Night Out, an event that takes place in different cities around the Globe, the main one being New York. I was extremely bummed out. FNO is an amazing opportunity to, not only score great deals while shopping, but you can also meet designers, bloggers and all sorts of people who are relevant to the fashion scene. I was PISSED! Not only because I was missing the great opportunity of being in my favorite city in the world, meeting stars like Karl Lagerfeld and Tavi. I was also mad because, why wasn't my Country, Puerto Rico, huge enough to be of the FNO event.
    Well, my prayers were answered. Plaza Las Américas, the biggest mall in Puerto Rico and the entire Caribbean, just celebrated San Juan Fashion's Night Out 2011. Not only did I enjoy the deals that the stores in the mall offered, but I also worked as a journalist for one of the Countries newspapers, and covered the main events. Okay... I admit.... Diane Von Furstenburg, Beth Ditto or Gala Darling were not a part of the event, but I got the awesome chance to interview the people of Sephora and cover FNO's main Fashion Show, Luis Antonio 2012 Resort, who I also interviewed. As some of you may know, Luis Antonio is one of the leading designers of Puerto Rico, known for designing the gowns of many Miss Puerto Rico Universes. It was an experience I won't soon forget, not only to attend FNO, but to actually be a part of it.
    Still, I am praying to the gods that next year I can attend the original, NYC Fashion's Night Out.

No comments: